Hey! Tonight’s class is going to be rescheduled to Monday, 8 April. The instructor – me – is in the process of moving into a new coop he helped found and doesn’t want to give Free Skool or his house less than 100% of his attention.
If you have other ideas, questions, or comments, you can reach Gatlin at email@example.com.
Hello everyone! February just happened, as it usually does this time of year, and we grew and learned quite a bit. First, the highlight reel:
- Yes, Ma’am! Feminist Discussion has been happening – and will continue to happen – at Sasona Coop at 8:00pm. The next class is March 26th. They’ve covered some great topics: weddings and marriage, animal rights, and sex workers. Come by next week!
- Computer Programming is weathering oncoming storm of mid-terms. Stay tuned for specifics but we’re assembling a very interesting array of programmers young and old. (If you caught the pun, pat yourself on the back.) Drop by the 21st Street Co-op on Thursdays at 9:00pm and get your nerd on.
- Fortune Telling is continuing at Spider House, predictably. 🙂 Mondays at 9:00pm, yo.
- Documentary Tuesday no longer happens weekly but are hosted at Treasure City Thrift on the last Tuesday of the month.
- Film Acting will be taking place March 18th
- We promoted a fun but fledgling salsa class, and if you’re interested let us know!
- We’re about to drop some changes to the website that you should be oh-so excited about.
- Most importantly: we still need you to participate!
That’s quite a bit for volunteers with no budget! And it works because we have awesome people contributing their time and effort. Thank you volunteers!
We all benefit when we share ideas and knowledge, so stop by Tom’s Tabooley at 5pm on Sundays and meet with us. We want your ideas! Feed us your ideas!
Hey everyone! First, happy heart day if that’s your thing.
Second, I was a few minutes late to my class today. As a result, I’m told someone showed up and left.
First and foremost: I’m sorry. Extremely so. Secondly, I want to make it up to you!
I’m starting a project to revamp our website and create an RSVP system so we can be in contact before the class starts. Show up next week and we can work it out!
Next Thursday is going to be awesome. Thanks everyone!
This new session (semester? oh my) of Austin Free Skool is already jam packed with lots of fun and interesting workshops, classes, and lectures. So many, in fact, that our tireless volunteers haven’t updated this website yet! But we’re working on it. Stay tuned!
There was a good turnout and 8 new class proposals!
Hey everyone, we are setting up our calendar for February & March! If you have always wanted to teach but were waiting to see if the world would end… well it didn’t! Now is the time! Get involved in Austin Free Skool!
We are looking for class leaders, volunteers, collective members, event planners, promoters, & trying to partner with other organizations. If you are interested come join us at our first collective meeting this year on January 13th!